After learning to keep a sourdough starter alive I realized the issue of the discard and what do I do with it. For a while I tried the sourdough pancake and found I did not really like them so I set out to make crackers with it.
This is the recipe I created from various sources and some experimentation.
Enjoy the crackers.
Making Sourdough Crackers from starter discard
The secret behind the best crackers ever…
Watch the Video below.
- 300 grm sourdough starter %50
- 300 grm flour %50 this can be any flour you like or with me about 80% regular and 20% wheat
- 6 grm salt %10
- 30 grm olive oil you can use your favourite oil
- Ghee or small dish olive oil for coating crackers
- spices to sprinke on crackers I use salt, pepper, roosemary
- Mix the salt, starter and flour together until it all crumbly and then let sit for about 30 min
- Add the oil and combine until it holds together
- cut into sections and then on a well floured surface roll out until about 1/16 if an inch pie crust thin
- Baste with Ghee or olive oil and sprinkle with your favourite spices and salt
- Cut into small squares and the place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 11 min
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on TheRoguesOasis.com should only be used as a general guideline.