This is a ketchup recipe I had been working on for a while and finally found the right mix of ingredients that will satisfy your need for a savory and mildly spicy ketchup. You can omit the Rogues Death Pepper mix to make it a simple plain ketchup.
Rogues Spicy Ketchup
- 1 Immersion Blender if you do not have an immersion blender you can blend it up in a food processor or regular blender
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Mixing Spoon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 Large Onion
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1.37 kilo Tomatoes Whatever type of tomato you prefer but sauce tomatoes boil down faster
- 1 156ml can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Powered Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 3 1/12 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1` tsp Rogues Death Pepper You can use regular red pepper flakes or omit for a plain ketchup.
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Powdered Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chop onions, garlic and celery.
- Remove stems from tomatoes and cut into quarters and set aside.
- Measure all spices and sugars into a separate bowl and set aside
- Measure out the Apple Cider Vinegar and set aside.
- Preheat pot on stove and add olive oil to it.
- Add in Onion, Garlic and celery and simmer until onions are soft and brown.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until tomatoes are cooked down, soft and watery.
- add the spice and sugar mix and mix well and cook for about another 10 min
- Add Apple cider Vinegar and mix well.
- Pull out your immersion blender and blend everything well until smooth.
- Simmer for about another hour then let cool bottle and serve.
- This ketchup will last about 2 to 4 weeks in the fridge but can be canned to last even longer.